In previous posts, I wrote about the benefits of eating together as a family and 5 tips for making family meal times possible.
Today, I have some suggestions for making the most of your time together at dinner time. It's easy to just eat and have "yes" and "no" type conversations, but getting to really know your family takes some more work
Here are a few conversation starters to get to know your family better.
- What's your favorite part of the school day?
- What is the best thing about being ___ years old?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What do you like the most about your brother/sister?
- What does your teacher do really well?
- What is the one thing you couldn't live without?
- What are you the most thankful for?
- If you could start a new family tradition what would it be?
- Describe your perfect day?
- What is the best thing about being a boy/girl?
- What is something you wish our family would do more of together?
- What are your favorite things about your family?