ask an expert

My son has frequent stomach pain, should he see a doctor?

My 10 year old son is constantly complaining about this stomach hurting.  His dad has Crohn's Disease.  Should he go see a doctor and if so do you have a physician he should see? 

Thanks for your help.

Katrena Lacey | Pediatrician

Katrena Lacey

I would recommend that your 10 year old be seen by a physician for his abdominal pain.

Crohn’s Disease belongs to a group of conditions known as Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD). Crohn’s zfisease is a chronic inflammatory condition of the gastrointestinal tract. The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America reports that while the disease can occur at any age, Crohn's is more prevalent among adolescents and young adults between the ages of 15 and 35.

If you have a primary care physician already then I recommend that you start with a visit to his/her office.

If you do not have a primary care physician, then you can find a primary care physician near your home - such as a pediatrician or family medicine from Methodist Physicians Clinic .

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Read more answers by Dr. Lacey