Find A pediatrician
Karen K. Meyer | MD Pediatrician
Methodist Physicians Clinic HealthWest
Dr. Meyer answers your questions about child development and parenting.
Dr. Meyer decided to become a doctor when she was in school and learned about the body's systems and the miracle of how they all work together.
She likes talking to children and helping them feel better. Dr. Meyer believes that children are not little adults and they need to be treated in a way that will help them understand why they aren't feeling well and what they can do to get better.
She also works to build trust when working with teenagers so they will confide in her so she can help them be healthy and make good choices.
She said that when a child comes up to her and gives her a great big hug it makes her day and melts her heart.
Learn more about Dr. Meyer, watch a video profile or request an appointment online.
Articles and Editorials by Karen K. Meyer MD
- Halloween is the Most Dangerous Day of the Year for Child-Pedestrians
- 10 Outdoor Safety Cleanup Rules
- Germs Are Everywhere: How To Stay Safe.
- What is Hand-Foot-and-Mouth Disease?
- Is this Fifth Disease?
- Keeping Your Child Safe From Mumps
- How To Prevent & Treat Carsickness in Young Children
- Is Your Daughter at Risk for Female Athlete Triad?
- What is ADHD?
Ask an Expert Answers by Karen K. Meyer MD
- How do I break my kids' electronic dependency?
- How do I help when my child has nightmares?
- Is it okay to take our baby trick-or-treating?
- Any suggestions with dealing with temper tantrums?
- My toddler has regressed after his surgery?
- My one year old hasn't started walking, should I be concerned?
- Does colicky baby need different formula?
- Are potty accidents caused by a bladder infection?
- My 5 year old won't listen to me?