Week 12: A lot of growing going on!
Chances are your clothes are feeling tighter now as your abdomen increases in size to accommodate your growing fetus.
By the end of this week:
- Your unborn baby will have fully formed arms and legs.
- Tiny fingernails and toenails have appeared on his hands and feet.
- His eyes now have eyelids.
- His voice box, or larynx, has begun to form in the trachea.
- Your unborn baby’s external genital organs have developed.
By the end of the first trimester, the fetus will weigh approximately ½ to 1 ounce and measure, on average, 3 to 4 inches in length.
Don't believe these common myths!
We checked with physicians from the Methodist Physicians Clinic Women's Center for the facts about these five commonly-held misconceptions about pregnancy.
Do you have other questions about pregnancy? You can Ask an Expert here on ParentSavvy.
Are you smoking while pregnant?
Now that you are pregnant, you are breathing for you and your baby. Learn about the dangers of smoking for you and baby and ways to get help quitting.
Hypothyroidism - what is it?
An underactive thyroid, more common as you age, can produce vague, subtle symptoms. Learn what to look for and treatment.